Find Your Mantra

"Never Give Up,"  "It Only Takes One," "Today is a New Day";  whatever your mantra is, stick with it, repeat it, and use it to keep fresh throughout the often emotional and tedious real estate process.  


Buyers and Sellers get outbid, overlooked, and their homes get critisized at every showing, so it is easy to get beaten down and lose hope.  The key to surviving this stressful time is to remind yourselves that there are new listings that come onto the market every day, and your perfect Buyer just woke up thinking, "I am ready to buy."  

Sellers:  You need to make sure that you get your listing ready with the care that you took for the first showing.   Look at each showing with the excitement of when you are about to Roll Up The Rim to Win - will this one be the winner?  


Even if 300 people looked at your home and decided not to offer on it, you have to consider that the next person could be THE one that you have waited for, just as your listing could be the property they have dreamed of.   Every time another property sells in the area, think of it as less competition for yours.   Having said this, you will always need to consider if your price is too high, as price trumps everything, however, do this on your own terms, rather than feeling  beaten into making that decision.  


Buyers:  it is important to stay focused on your goals and keep looking, even if you did have to look at someone's dirty clothes and dishes in the last home.  Those won't be there when you move in, ...hopefully (hee).  The next listing could be just what you need.   You will rarely find 100% of what you want in a home, unless you are simply looking for shelter.  If you can find 85% of what you want, especially structurally and location wise, then the other 15% can be personalized to you, easily.


Both:  Make sure your Realtor® is your rock.  They need to be your "glass half full," sounding board, but you also need to do your best to make the best out of a situation.  Communicate with your Realtor® if you are unhappy with their performance, but if you feel they are doing their best and you are not prepared to move on your budget or your selling price, then it takes patience and a lot of repetition of that mantra.  


This will happen.  All important things take time and effort.  (Insert high fives all around!)    







No comments

Post Your Comment:

Your email will not be published
Reciprocity Logo The data relating to real estate on this website comes in part from the MLS® Reciprocity program of either the Greater Vancouver REALTORS® (GVR), the Fraser Valley Real Estate Board (FVREB) or the Chilliwack and District Real Estate Board (CADREB). Real estate listings held by participating real estate firms are marked with the MLS® logo and detailed information about the listing includes the name of the listing agent. This representation is based in whole or part on data generated by either the GVR, the FVREB or the CADREB which assumes no responsibility for its accuracy. The materials contained on this page may not be reproduced without the express written consent of either the GVR, the FVREB or the CADREB.